A respirator is a device worn by workers to protect against harmful dust, fumes, vapors or gases. Respirators come in a wide range of types and sizes used by the military, private industry and the public.
Respirators used at Hanford typically fall into two categories: air-purifying respirators (APRs) and air-supplying respirators. APRs use a filter cartridge to clean the air before it enters the respiratory tract. Supplied-air respirators provide clean breathing air from either a hose and air compressor or an air cylinder that the worker wears on their back. The self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) is one type of supplied-air respirator worn while working inside Hanford's tank farms.
Below please find the current list of all the items related to SCBA, APRs and cartridges available on this website.
Pages & Posts
- Air-Purifying Respirators (APRs)
- Air-purifying respirators approved for AN Farm – Aug. 30, 2018
- APRs approved for use in SY Farm – Dec. 8, 2017
- Vapors update – Dec. 14, 2017
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Preliminary report on cartridge filter testing – Dec. 22, 2016
- Quicklinks-APRs & Cartridges
- Vapors Update – Feb. 15, 2018
- Vapors Update Jan. 17, 2018
- Vapors update June 12, 2018
- Vapors weekly update – June 8, 2017
- Vapors Weekly Update – March 30, 2017