From time to time, chemical vapors in Hanford’s waste storage tanks may enter the workers’ breathing zone.
When a worker reports an unexpected and unidentified odor in the tank farms, and reports medical symptoms potentially related to that smell, WRPS follows a prescribed set of conservative procedures to safeguard safety and health. That protocol is called Abnormal Operating Procedure 015, or AOP-015 for short.
Below please find the current list of all the items related to vapor events available on this website.
- Quicklinks-Vapor Event
- UPDATE: Odors reported outside TX Farm on 10/18/17
- Odors reported outside TX Farm – 10/18/17
- 2nd UPDATE: Odors reported outside Hanford’s A Tank Farm – 6/13/17
- UPDATE: Odors reported outside Hanford’s A Farm – 6/13/17
- Odors reported outside A Farm – 6/13/17
- AOP-015 Event Investigation Reports
- UPDATE: Odors reported near SX Farm – 3/30/17
- Odors reported near Hanford’s SX tank farm
- Odors reported outside of Hanford’s AZ Tank Farm
- Odors reported east of Hanford’s AP Tank Farm
- Vapors Events
- Odors reported – December 1
- Odors reported at AX change tent – November 30
- AOP-015 Interactive Map
- AOP-015 Event Data
- AOP-015 procedure
- New interactive map posted